Inter-instrument reliability between GripAble and Jamar.
“This is one of the most innovative and versatile, evaluation and treatment interventions in the world of rehabilitation today.”
Jim Wagner OTD, OTR/L, CHT, CPAM, CSCS Occupational Therapist and Certified Hand Therapist
Serious. Fun. Rehab.
• Engage patients and drive satisfaction
• Improve patient adherence and outcomes
• Carry out and document codes with the highest reimbursement potential
GripAble is being used in locations and settings across the US
Order your GripAble Pro today.
GripAble is distributed in North America by Medline’s specialist team. To purchase GripAble Pro for your setting or to request a one-month trial, please follow the link below.
- Fun and motivating activities to meet clinical goals
- Multiple activity levels to grade the patient
- Assess each individual’s ability and then set the activities to match their ability, adjusting as they progress
Goal Setting and Achievement Tracking
- Set goals by minutes of training or repetitions
- Generate objective progress reports to motivate patients and report to payers
- Monitor patient activity done remotely
Hand Function Tests
- Clinically proven grip strength test with published clinical norms
- Ability to test grip in a number of different ways, including single maximum grip strength, rapid exchange, and endurance
- Easy, stress-free recalibration in under a minute
Read some of the GripAble research papers and resources
GripAble: An accurate, sensitive and robust digital device for measuring grip strength.
Self-directed exergaming enabled this stroke inpatient cohort to increase repetitions 8-fold, compared to standard
Grip strength has long since been used as a measure by therapists to understand function
Certain functions, like creating an account and syncing data, require wifi. But the majority of the app functions, such as training, work without wifi
The GripAble app can be downloaded on to an Android tablet via the Google play store and to an iPad via the Apple app store.
You can use any alcohol-based wipe to clean the device. Alternatively, use soap on a damp piece of dressing gauze / J-cloth or equivalent. The device is splashproof but not waterproof so you should not immerse it in water.
Some customers have chosen to use GripAble with children. This video contains some examples.
Please note that you must be aged 18 years or older to set up a GripAble account. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under 18, then you may create an account and allow your child to use GripAble under your direct supervision. Our terms and conditions explain more here.
GripAble is registered with the FDA as a Class II 510-K exempt medical device.
GripAble is not classified as DME.
GripAble is currently available for purchase by clinicians. We anticipate being able to sell to patients with a prescription in the near future.